This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Ross Sefton 2 months, 1 week ago.

HotSpotSystem Hijacking entire network

• Hi Guys,

I have a client who currently has a stock Netgear router managing all his till systems, backstage PC’s and he is also allowing his customers onto his Wi-Fi also (yes all on the same IP range)!

So i suggested to him about creating a separate guest network for his customers and keeping the two networks unbridged, he liked the idea so i went home that evening to do some research and i stumbled across HotSpotSystem, now i have installed a TP-Link TL-WR841N (v9) with dd-wrt installed and i have everything working apart from one small problem…

The HotSpotSystem router is connected to the main Netgear router as an Access Point with disabled DHCP Server etc. When connecting to the dd-wrt Wi-Fi it works perfectly, however when i try to connect to the main Netgear router Wi-Fi it is forcing me onto the splash page, maybe i am doing something wrong but i thought if connecting to the main Netgear router with stock firmware it would simply give my client normal Wi-Fi access?

Hopefully i have explained this well enough to understand.

0 0

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.