Create a Twitter App
Go to https://apps.twitter.com and click on “Create New App” button.
Set Application Details
- Fill out “Name”, this will be displayed to hotspot users
- Fill out “Description”, this will be displayed to hotspot users
- Fill out “Website” (your own website address)
- Enter the same website address as “Callback URL” (you can enter any website here as it will be overwritten by the system)
- Click on “Yes, I Agree”
- Click on “Create your Twitter Application”
Edit App Settings
- Under “Settings”, UNCHECK “Enable Callback Locking” (do not enable)
- Enable “Allow this application to be used with Sign in with Twitter” and click on “Update Settings”
- Be sure that Disable implicit OAuth is CHEKCED.
- Under “Permissions” enable “Read and write” access, click on “Update Settings”
- Under “Keys and Access Tokens” you will find the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret which has to be entered in the Control Center, under Tools > White Label Settings > Twitter API Key and API Secret
Request a User’s Email Address
Requesting a user’s email address requires your application to be whitelisted by Twitter. To request access, please use this form.