Here is the control panel of the Social Settings:
Currently only Facebook, Twitter and Instagram platforms are supported (other social networks coming soon).
The following “Facebook Action Requirements” are available:
- Facebook login only: Customers can log in with Facebook to get access
- Checkin/Wallpost: After they log in to Facebook, they also need to check in (need them to give additional access to the app so we can post to their walls). A similar post will appear on users’ walls:
- Wallpost (Share dialog): After they log in to Facebook, we ask users to share and spread the word. This is done by default Facebook Share Dialog where they can also add their own comments. In this case there is no need to ask for additional permissions as we don’t post on their walls, they will.
- Checkin will only work if your location has a physical address defined in Facebook
- Checkin can only be combined with a wallpost
- The text and the link of the facebook post are fully customizable
- If there are multiple logins from the same computer & facebook account, we only post on their walls only once within 24 hours
- Facebook can show posts differently based on a lots of things, for example device used, who is seeing the post, etc. We found out that when a user checks in with our solution, his/her friends will show a post similar to the usual check in on their wall’s feed (Post Title: XY at somewhere). But if this user checks his/her own wall, the post will look differently (Post Title: X Y shared a page at somewhere)
- You can only see the post on someone’s wall if the post permission allows you that. Default scope is ‘friends’ which means you and the user need to be friends to see the post. The user can also set it to ‘Me only’ which means that it can only be seen by the user itself. This is beyond our control, this is how facebook works.
- Facebook’s own admin pages/apps only show normal checkins, they don’t list those that were created through the API, so you won’t see the checkins there (or get any notifications). But you can verify that the number is increasing (when you see the page of the place there is a line “XX people have been there”, that number is increasing if you do a checkin.
- If you are using an external page as a wallpost link, you can change what picture is shared by using this og:image meta property, like:
<meta property=”og:image” content=”yourimage.png” />
For more information you can read: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/sharing/webmasters#markup
You can test your page here: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/sharing/?q=yoursharedURL
The following “Twitter Action Requirements” are available:
- Twitter login only: Customers can log in with Twitter to get access
- Follow: After they log in to Twitter, they will automatically become followers of your Twitter page
- Tweet: After they log in to Twitter, a tweet will be posted to their wall
- Follow + Tweet: the combination of 2 & 3
You can also offer an alternative way for your customers to log in if they don’t have a facebook account.
The following “Bypass modes” are available:
- Bypass with Data Capture: you can require some data to be filled out, which you can define under “Data Capture”.
- Bypass with Voucher Codes: you can give a voucher to customers (requires buying Voucher Credits)
- Bypass with SMS: free codes can be requested to users’ mobile phones (requires buying SMS Credits)
Related FAQ: Social FAQ